Kirsten Smith/British Red Cross or Sam Atkins/British Red Cross
For over 150 years, the British Red Cross has put kindness into action. They have supported millions of people in the UK and around the world to get the support they need when crisis strikes, whoever and wherever they are. Their network of incredible staff and volunteers means they are uniquely placed to reach the most vulnerable people during uncertain times. From hiring a wheelchair or dealing with loneliness, to adjusting to life in a new country - they are there when you need them.
The British Red Cross is used to supporting people during disasters – whether floods, fires, or earthquakes – but an unprecedented crisis like Covid-19 created a whole host of new challenges. The British Red Cross adapted and scaled their services to deliver vital food and medicine, to get people home from hospital safely and to launch a national support line to give emotional and practical support to those facing isolation.
Over the 12 months from March 2020, they provided the following support:
• 101,298 food deliveries and 14,660 medicine deliveries, helping people stay safe and well at home during the pandemic.
• 21,718 calls to their support line, offering emotional and practical support for people ---struggling to cope.
• 73,726 people supported to get safely home from the hospital since March 2020.
• 12,997 volunteers deployed to support communities, from helping at food banks to --- providing a welfare call for someone suffering from loneliness.
• 27,526 refugees, asylum seekers and victims of trafficking supported during the pandemic, helping meet their basic needs and rebuild their lives in the UK.
We are proud to be supporting the British Red Cross over the next 3 years to help them continue their Covid-19 response and to support the vulnerable and elderly, refugees and asylum seekers who are facing destitution and those experiencing economic hardship.
You have invested in more than one unlisted company, been a director of a company with an annual turnover of at least £1m OR worked in private equity in the last 2 years OR been a member of an angels investment network for at least the last 6 months.
Your income is in excess of £100k per annum OR your net worth is £250k and above.