TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
Concept Capital Group Limited. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Registration No. Registered in England and Wales company number: 12286171.
The following Terms and Conditions of Business will apply to services supplied to you now and in the future, depending on any specific regulatory changes.
1. Concept Capital Group arranges deals on behalf of clients for certain products. Concept Capital Group also introduces clients to platform providers, who will then arrange deals as instructed by the client. Providers are responsible for safeguarding and administering investments, including specific charges to their products. Investment into any products offered on the website is carried out on the instructions of the client.
2. Concept Capital Group will not provide advice nor exercise any judgement on the client’s behalf as to the merits or suitability of any products offered on the website.
3. For the purposes of client categorisation, and as per the FCA’s Retail Distribution Review (RDR directive), which is required under the FCA Rules, Concept Capital Group will treat you as a retail client. Concept Capital Group may also categorise clients as a retail client and any other client who would otherwise be a professional client or an eligible counterparty (as defined in the FCA rules).
4. If you are acting as an agent for someone else, Concept Capital Group will treat you alone as its client and you will be liable to Concept Capital Group in respect of transactions you conduct in such capacity.
5. Concept Capital Group does not hold client money as defined by the FCA’s Client Money rule.
6. Concept Capital Group has implemented a conflict-of-interest policy to ensure fair treatment of its clients under which it will not carry out transactions for clients in the products of companies in which Concept Capital Group or any director or employee of one of its other clients has a known significant personal interest unless that interest is first disclosed. This policy shall not apply to personal holdings of directors and staff in investments transacted by Concept Capital Group in the normal course of business.
7. Written communication or online instructions (including email instructions from an email address that you have provided to us) will normally be required before Concept Capital Group will act for the client but oral instructions at Concept Capital Group’s discretion will also be acceptable. Authority to act on behalf of the client may be terminated at any time without penalty by either party giving notice in writing or by e-mail to the other. Such termination will not affect the completion of any transaction already initiated on your behalf.
8. Concept Capital Group acts as the client’s agent in arranging investments and never owns investments it arranges for them.
9. All investments will be registered in the name of the client(s). Contract notes and documents of title are normally sent directly to the client by the product provider, but if they have been sent to Concept Capital Group, they will be forwarded to the client no later than the first business day following their receipt by Concept Capital Group. However, when several contract notes or documents relating to a series of transactions is involved, they may be retained by Concept Capital Group until the series is complete.
10. All application forms, contract notes, cheques, certificates, or documents of title may be sent by post at the client’s risk.
11. Concept Capital Group may receive a commission from product providers following the arrangement of investments, and this is retained for Concept Capital Group’s benefit in accordance with FCA’s RDR rule. The client will receive from the product provider, or from Concept Capital Group information about the commission that Concept Capital Group receives. Concept Capital Group will inform the client of the amount of commission payable to Concept Capital Group on any investment it has arranged for the client. Concept Capital Group retains the right to share this commission with professional connections at its discretion. As this commission is retained, clients are not charged extra for arranging such contracts except by separate arrangement as agreed in advance with the client. If Concept Capital Group receives a commission or other form of benefit from the issuer of a security or another intermediary, Concept Capital Group will disclose the amount received and the amount charged to the client in accordance with the RDR rule.
12. Please note that Concept Capital Group may vary commission charges from time to time or introduce a new charge in a clear, fair, and transparent way to comply with any specific regulatory change impacting business operations. Any change will be disclosed and formally communicated to you and will usually take the form of a completed application form, either written or online. However, if the commission charge is part of a restructuring of the charges you are already paying, as a result of regulatory changes, then provided the overall cost to you remains unchanged or is lower, we will notify you in advance but will not require your written consent. Please note that unit cancellation may be used to pay for service charges.
13. Concept Capital Group will supply, on-demand, to the client or agent, copies of contract notes, vouchers, and entries in books and records for five years from the date of each transaction.
14. If Concept Capital Group is unable to conduct investment business due to illness or any other reason for a period of more than twenty-one days, Concept Capital Group has made a locum arrangement with another regulated firm to carry out its business obligations.
15. To prevent or detect fraud and money laundering activities, or to assist in verifying your identity, Concept Capital Group may make searches at credit reference or fraud prevention agencies or the electoral register.
16. You should assume that all telephone calls, website use and emails between you and Concept Capital Group will be recorded. These recordings will be the sole property of Concept Capital Group and may be used for training purposes or as evidence in the event of a dispute.
17. Concept Capital Group and its agents may process any personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998) provided by you in connection with the services provided. Your personal data includes any information which Concept Capital Group holds now or at any time in the future, which comes from, or relates to application forms or other dealings with us; third parties such as credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and the services you receive from Concept Capital Group. We may use your personal data to provide our services to you and for security, payment verification, preventing and detecting money laundering, fraud, and other crime, for which purposes we may also pass on your personal data to third parties.
18. Concept Capital Group may vary these Terms and Conditions from time to time. An up-to-date copy of Concept Capital Group’s Terms and Conditions can always be viewed at (www.concept-capital-group.com)
19. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.